Monday, 14 December 2015

How to Increase Productivity?

I can hardly believe almost four months have flown past and I am beginning to be in closer proximity to exams.
After the elation I felt over my GCSE results, I definitely want to replicate A Level results of the same standard. But I have already had it drilled in to me that GCSE and A Level are not of the same standard. Nevertheless, here are some of the things I do to be successful in completing my work.

1) GET UP AND START YOUR WORK.
Simple enough? Totally. But I can understand your struggle because you feel like
you     just     can't     do     it.
But this is my message to you: START YOUR WORK!
It is very easy to loose yourself in the world of YouTube and Instagram where the number of videos and pictures are endless but it is important to say to yourself,
"I can sacrifice this hour to my work"
because the sooner you do the work, the sooner you can relax.
Remember starting is the hardest part so once you've done that, you're already half way there!

2) TURN OFF TECHNOLOGY

I'm talking about phones, iPods, iPads, TVs... Turn them all off!
Train your brain so as soon as all of these devices are off, you will automatically start your work and are ready to do so. This simple but effective tip can save you from the luring nature of procrastination as you've avoided the chance of constant distractions.

3) THINK ABOUT THE END RESULT

Many people told me to use this technique and I often ignored it but it truly does work. Whether this be for completing homework, assessments, revision or a part-time job, thinking about the end result of finishing the last sentence, handing in the final assessment, knowing all of the information in a topic or getting paid can really push you to complete the task given to you. Not all tasks that you will be given in life will be exciting or enjoyable, even if you have the job of your dreams, so just accept the task given and do your best to complete it. Always imagine the happiness you will feel once you have finished something that felt impossible to complete.


4) CHALLENGE YOURSELF


This is something that has been very important to me over the past two years and I have genuinely felt progress from challenging myself. It is vital that you constantly strive to do more and more; do not become complacent with your current situation but always be eager to improve and achieve your goals and ambitions.
All I ever heard throughout my GCSEs was to relax, don't stress out too much and take a break and this did not help me at all. I needed to be pushed and told that what I was doing wasn't good enough and I could do more. Once I heard this from someone, I worked harder than I have ever worked and constantly challenged myself to do one extra past paper, learn an extra page of vocabulary and make more flashcards.
Challenging yourself and working hard will get you to the place you want to be and the more you challenge yourself, the easier it will be to achieve your goals. So if you feel like you are floating through your day and never make significant progress, take a look at the situation from a different perspective and question yourself:
'What can I do differently?'
'How can I achieve my goal?'
'Could I do more?'
'What would make my 'tomorrow-self' thank me for the hard work I put in today?'
Once you begin challenging yourself, you will see your own personal growth and progress.

Share:

2 comments

  1. Valuable Tips! I enjoyed the read :)

    extantmind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

© Nxha | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Developed by pipdig